keskiviikko 2. syyskuuta 2015

Jurassic Eggs: Velociraptor

An assembly set by Geoworld.

I went on a weekend cruise over to Estonia and while I didn't really find anything special on the shore, the more I found in the souvenir shop on the ship!


I had already visited the shop a couple of times, but it wasn't before the last time I went in there, that I noticed these big dinosaur eggs (height: 18 cm) on one of the shelves. I took a closer look,  and from what you can tell on the outside, I thought the quality looked decent enough, and it didn't set off any alarm bells for a cheap knockoff. I decided to buy one, then two, then three..... but then that little voice in the back of my head told me to buy just one, in case that the content of the eggs turns out to be complete garbage. So, in the end, after like 10 minutes of deliberating, I chose the Velociraptor. I think the price for one set was 13,50 €, but I wouldn't swear on it.

I was this close to buying a Spinosaurus and a T. Rex as well.



The set  includes 14 pieces in total. Assembling the Raptor was (mostly) easy,  there are pegs that you push in their reserved holes and that's it. No gluing required! ..... unless you want to. The only tricky part was getting the jaw attached to the skull, which you have to split open to get the skull hold on to the neck. I  needed some tweezers to push the very small pegs on the jaw to latch on to the skull, but otherwise it was easy peasy. The finished Velociraptor stands around 11 cm tall and length from the nose to the tip of the tail is approximately 26 cm.


There is a pamphlet included in the set with the assembling instructions and on the other side of it, an image of a feathered Velociraptor completed with some information on the species, but since it's in Russia (?) I unfortunately don't know what it's saying.



Other available sets are;
Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Carnotaurus, Parasaurolophus *, Pteranodon, Spinosaurus *, Stegosaurus, Stygimoloch *, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus Rex *
* = want one!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti