torstai 21. toukokuuta 2015

Flea market findings 2

Akita Cost 1,50€ 
On the dog's belly it reads Akita F and Made in China. Naturally, I thought the "F" stands for "female" but the dog has male parts, so it's a she-male? I was unable to find any information about this figure so I'll never know what the F stands for. Well, since this one supposedly is an Akita, it would only be fitting that I'd paint it for my Ginga customs to be one of the main dogs, but will it be Riki, Gin, Weed or Yukimura? Who will it be!?

American bulldog Cost 0,10€ 
On this dog's belly it reads American Bulldog and this site tells me that it belongs to New-ray: My Best Friend -series. No clear plans for customizing this one yet. :P

Sonic key chain Cost 0,10€ 
On the bottom it has the Sega logo and Made in Japan engraved in it. I like Sonic, but I have no desire to collect anything Sonic related except a few games that I already have, so I'll probably give this to a friend who is much more Sonic crazed than I am and hope he enjoys it much more than I would. 

Patamon plushie Cost 1,00€
I swear I'm not going to start collecting any more Digimon stuff! But it was so cute and cheap, how could I have said no?

Piplup and Minun Cost 0,05€ each 
I was so sure these were going to turn up as bootlegs, but after I removed the price tags, the copyright marking were revealed. Piplup © 2008, Minun © 2005 Pokémon Nintendo

Pokémon drinking cup Cost 0,50€
From 1999. This one is in such a good condition that I dare to proclaim it has never been used and it's going to stay that way.

Cartman mug Cost FREE  
At the entrance/exit to the flea market there were a few shelves that were labeled with "free stuff" signs and that's where I found this ....loveliness. The condition is quite bad which explains why it was put it in the free stuff pile, the other reason I imagine is  the fact that anybody other than a South Park fan might find this mug a bit ....tasteless? The images are from "Weight Gain 4000" which is the second episode of Season One. TM & © 2000 Comedy central. Beefcake!! 

Churchill's Four Seasons Tin (with Biscuits 250 g) Cost 4,50€  
Four Seasons: Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer
top and bottom
I actually thought it was a coffee can when I bought it, didn't notice until I was home it said biscuits on the bottom. Anyway, it was empty, so no biscuits for me. The main reason I bought it was of course the beautifully embossed art of Alphonse Mucha’s Four Seasons on each side of the tin. The Czech Art Nouveau artist is one of my favorites of all time. If it were any easier to find any more items with his art on it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Moominsummer Madness Cost 1,00€
The Finnish 18th edition of the fourth (or fifth) book in Tove Jansson's Moomin series filled with awesome illustrations. The price tag says 2€ but they only charged me with 1€ for unknown reason. Almost every page has some degree of damage on them, but nothing too critical as it's still perfectly readable.

The Autobiography of Henry VIII Cost 1,00€ 
Written by Margaret George and first published in 1986. This Swedish edition is from 1991. Yes, I have an interest for the Tudor dynasty too. I can't say anything about the book yet, I have to find some time to read it first. The books just keep piling up...

2 kommenttia:

  1. I googled Cartman mug to find a picture of the same exact mug I bought at a flea-market today. I paid 1 euro for the Cartman mug but it was in perfect condition! I can't believe it was 15 years old item and so great condition. Was funny to find your blog and see that you've also got quite a deal on your mug. :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Clearly, this mug doesn't get the appreciation it deserves! ;D the way people are letting these go for so low prices, but as a South Park-fan I'm not complaining. Enjoy your new awesome mug! XD

      Poista