perjantai 29. toukokuuta 2015

Ginga custom pt. 6

 As promised, here is Jerome and the secret character, which turns out to be an old OC of mine. Surprise surprise!

Let's start off with Jerome.This is the first time I had to mutilate the figures somewhat before painting them. Okay, I didn't necessarily need to, but I wanted to do it. I was going to leave Jerome's ears alone at first, but then I thought that cutting off the ear might give the figure more personality. Besides, after I cut it off there was no turning back.  I kinda regret I didn't put a reference picture here where his right ear is chewed off.  But, I couldn't resist taking screenshots from those episodes that are actually well animated.

Then we have "Kadi", a female German Shepherd. I'm going to tell you right now that this is NOT a pairing. Kadi is based on a real life dog that I knew for a short while. There is no backstory for her, as I was just trying to transfer the stylized look of the real dog into the world of Ginga. "Kadi" it is just a temporary name. If I ever were to further develop the character with a backstory and personality, I would probably want to change the name. Anyway, I took the extra step and removed any male-junk between the legs. Why the heck are most of the dog figures made males anyway?

Someone might be asking, why did I paint the other figure into some bland no-personality OC when we have Lydia, a female German Shepherd who is Jerome's partner in GDW. The reason is very simple. I don't like Lydia. She's the biggest disappointment if I ever saw one. I thought we were getting this badass Russian bitch who knows how to fight. But oh no! She's just as useless as the rest of the females in the Ginga universe.....


Please right click and open in a new tab for a larger view!


Overall, I'm kinda happy how they turned out, but on the other hand, I'm not. The eyes turned out terrible on both dogs. Jerome's markings should be darker grey. Kadi's should be lighter, now the darker colors just blend in with each other. Yeah, I like complaining about stuff I should've been able to fix. I just get easily tired of constantly painting such small details, when all of a sudden OOPS! my finger slips and I have a damn mess to cover up, over and over again. At some point, I just have to admit defeat and quit while I still have some sanity left. Excuses, excuses!

The pack just keeps getting bigger!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti