sunnuntai 5. heinäkuuta 2015

Moomin candies

Moominmamma's jellies 250g
The snowflake decorations on this candy bag tell me that this was intended to be sold during the Christmas seasons, which would explain why it was already expired when I bought it. I hope someone at the store will notice that they're selling months old candy for full price. I didn't even notice it before I was home.

There are three different flavours of jelly in the shapes of Moomin characters; forest berry, apple and orange.
I generally dislike the taste of oranges in any shape or form and that holds true this time as well. The yellow ones taste really bad. The red ones start off good, but leave you with a very yucky aftertaste. The green jellies are the best out of the bunch. They start a little bland, but as you keep chewing that fresh apple taste really comes through. Overall, I would call it disappointing. Behind the beautiful packaging and the cute jelly shapes is only what can be described as disgusting (with 1 exception).

Moomin Gift Box Candy assortment 
Contains one Moomin pendant. 6 different characters available.
These ones were sold around Easter, with a price closing in on a whooping 10 €. I bought mine in a local shop that had 50% off of all their excess Easter sweets. And on the very next day I saw this advert for an another store that were selling these off for only 2 euros!!! Needless to say, but they were sold out long before I managed to get there. As a consolation prize I took one of those cardboard boxes the store kept the candy boxes in. Not really sure what I'm going to with it, but at the moment it seemed like a better idea than leaving the store empty handed after a one hour drive.



Snorkmaiden's (Xylitol) Fruit Pastilles 20g
Uh oh, orange again! But with a big improvement, this time it isn't as disgustingly bad, just a regular bad orange taste. I can't put my finger on it what the red ones taste like, but I'm guessing some berry, maybe strawberry? The taste is okay, not bad, but not great either. Oh apple, what happened? It tastes the wrong kind of funny in the beginning but ends up with an OK artificial apple flavour. These things stick to your teeth if you try chewing them, so you're better off just leaving them to slowly melt away. Overall, nothing foul here, but equally as forgettable. 


Little My's Fruit Pastilles 21g
We meet again, orange. The orange taste itself hasn't improved a lot, but the texture of the candy does save a lot, so I just might consider these ones to be okay tasting. Then the yellow one is... lime? Something very citrus  anyway, reminds me of Sprite. Don't know what the red one is supposed to taste like, but I like it! Overall, they are pretty good. Compared to the previous pastilles I like these one's texture a whole lot more, they are harder and less chewy.

Moomin Strawberry Milk chocolate 18g
Now this is great! The chocolate is very light and airy and there's just enough hint of a strawberry. Overall, this is excellent! The only downside is that you can't get it in bigger sizes.

Xylimax fruit flavoured chewing gum 6,5g
The only flaw here is that the flavour wears off pretty quickly and leaves a bland aftertaste, but then again, this is a flaw every chewing gum suffers from.

Fruit flavoured lollipops 8g 
Pretty generic, nothing stands out in a good or bad way. 


Liquorice filled with pear-vanilla flavoured yoghurt filling 20g & Liquorice filled with blueberry-raspberry flavoured yoghurt filling 20g
I like these ones a lot. At first I wasn't really sure which one I liked better, but I'm starting to lean more towards the pear-vanilla one. It's just a little bit sweeter than the berry one.

Assorted wine gums, in the shapes of Moomin characters.
The flavours are strawberry, pomegranate, orange, pear, liquorice. I liked all the other flavours except the liquorice, which is too salty for my taste. I'd probably say that the pomegranate was my favorite.

As for the pendants, they all look very charming and it would have been nice to collect them all. Still, I'm very satisfied with the one I got, which was Moominmamma.



All candies featured in this post were produced by Fazer Confectionery, Finland



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti