maanantai 20. heinäkuuta 2015

From Animecon with love


This is what you get when you have too much free time and for once, enough money in your wallet. 

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discord Vinyl Figure by Funko 

I'll admit I don't actually like Discord's mismatched design, but his personality and powers are just awesome. A figure of Discord is such a rare sight for me, I couldn't pass this one up even if it isn't a sight for a sore eyes. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one Discord toy along all the ponies in any store's toy aisle. Why is that? Girls can't play with villains?Although Discord isn't a villain anymore....

Dragonball Z Beerus & Freeza keyring by Bandai (The Best series )

OMG, this is the first time I'm going to mention Dragonball since I started this blog!? This might come as a surprise, considering the history of my blog, but DBZ is my absolute favorite series of all time (even Star Wars is nothing compared to it). Whew, I'm glad I got that announcement out of the way. I was a little skeptic about Beerus' character at first, but after seeing the movie Battle of Gods, this mix between Anubis and a Sphynx cat has become one of my favorite characters along with Freeza. You can't go wrong with a chibi Freeza, so this one makes a nice addition to my sub-collection of Freezas' and this lil' Beerus has the honor of being currently, the only God of Destruction in my collection. Hopefully, that will change in the future. These two are so small I'd rather consider them as phone charms, but it doesn't really matter, look at how cute they are!! 

Dragonball Z Piccolo by Bandai (Tamashii Buddies series)

Did I mention that I like Dragonball Z? Well, Piccolo is my favorite of the good guys, and to my shame, he is far too often neglected as a part of my collection. I like the idea that these figures are stackable with others figures of the series. It is unfortunate, however, as far as I can tell, you can't remove the figure from the platform it is standing on. Having this "frame" around the figure doesn't really have any purpose as long as you only own one of these. I sure would like to have a Beerus, Freeza, Coola, Cell, Kid Buu, Broly and Janemba in this form! 

Freddy vs. Jason: Jason Vorhees Horror Bishoujo statue by Kotobukiya

The Devil is in the sheer amount of details. I'll admit when I saw the Freddy statue, I thought it was a very bad idea and while I still think that the Freddy one is a little iffy, there is no denying how freaking awesome the this Jason is! The whole idea of gender bending horror icons is strange, but in Jason's case it totally worked out. I demand we get a bishoujo Michael Myers!! A little bit of nitpicking, but on the box art the hockey mask has deep scars going across it as if done by Freddy Krueger's razor glove but on the statue's mask the scars are barely noticeable. Aww. 

Star Wars Real Action Heroes Darth Maul Reissue Ver. by Medicom Toy

A gorgeous amount of details has been put into this, but I still have some issues with it. For the amount of money one has to pay for a RAH figure, I'd expect nothing else but perfection and sadly, this doesn't live up to it. I may have a misinformed image of what the RAH figures are supposed to be like, which probably explains why my overall impression of this action figure would be disappointment. I was under the assumption that these figures were very much customizable, but now when I am facing a problem called a (1) broken shoulder joint, my only two solutions are to A) buy a new replacement body B) send it to Japan to be repaired. Seriously, what the f*ck? How is it possible that one broken piece results into the replacement of the whole thing?? ArRgH!
And then there are little details here and there that are done "wrong" in my eyes, which aren't really crippling to the figure, but bug me out.
  • the lightsaber hilt has some strange, little curving at both tips when it's supposed to be straight
  • the neon red color of the lightsaber blades
  • the belt is on the wrong layer of clothing. It's supposed to be on top of the long sleeved tunic, but for some reason it's under it. I'm guessing it probably would be an easy thing to fix, but I can't do it, because I'm afraid this thing will crumble into little pieces if I touch it. Oh, these problems of my life.....
  • the stud earring, where is it?

Besides all that, I simply love it! X3


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti