tiistai 14. heinäkuuta 2015

Animecon XII 11.7-12.7.2015 Kuopio





I wouldn't like to say this, but this year's trip to the Animecon left me very disappointed and sad, but to be fair the reasons for my disappointment are not the convention's fault, but rather my own. This was going to be the first time I was going to cosplay, but I'd to give that up because the damn post office failed me.
I like going to different panels, but this year, none of the panels sounded interesting to me, so therefore I didn't go to see any except for the guest of honor, of course, which was The Nostalgia Critic (Doug Walker) by the way. Both of his panels Movies Everybody Disagree with You On and TGWTG Q&A were fun and enjoyable until the last 15 minutes of the latter where one statement made by one of the fans that I thought was really out of line and hurtful, but I doubt anybody else felt that way in the room except for me. I left the convention immediately after that, thereby missing out on 5 hours worth of programs, including Walker's autographing session. I didn't want to be there anymore.



The Anime concert also started off with very unfortunate news, they were not going to play the opening theme of Attack on Titan for some unexplained reason, they did show an AMV with the opening music instead, which probably was the best consolation the audience could get. Like last year, my favorite part of the concert was actually the encore song which this time around was the Kirby's Dream Land theme.


Since I wasn't listening to that many panels this year, it left me with too much time to go on a shopping spree (which I am regretting deeply right now). I'll make a separate post about the figures I bought, but for now, here is something I usually don't buy at the convention's (that might change after this).


Ramune peach flavour (carbonated soft drink)
Many years ago I tried out the strawberry one, I don't remember liking it too much, but decided to give the drink another go. There were far more flavours to choose from this time around than what I remembered and so, I went ahead and chose the peach taste. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad, it was actually pretty good! Thanks to this, I think I'll have the courage to try out other flavours in the future.

Pocky Cookies & Cream (chocolate biscuit stick coated with milk flavour confectionery and crushed cookies)
Similar to the Ramune drink, I've only tried a Pocky pack once before and I wasn't impressed. So I never understood why these were so popular, seeing people walking around with their bags full of Pocky packages. Why not give it another go? After all, they were conveniently sold at the same station where the drinks were and the queue was long and slow which gave me enough time to choose which flavour I wanted. I deliberately chose the one I thought looked the most delicious and oh yes it was! It's like you can't stop eating them one after another once you take a bite! I definitely will pick up more of these in any following conventions.

Meltykiss Fruity strawberry
That is all I can read on the package because the rest is in Japanese. I wanted to try out something I've never had before and this one seemed safe enough, because all the other sweets drowned under their cute mascot characters and lacked a proper image of box's content, which this one does well. They did have green tea flavoured Meltykisses as well, but based on my experiences with the actual tea itself, I knew to stay away from it. There's a very thin layer of chocolate covered in chocolate powder and I'm guessing that the inside is some sort of strawberry cream filling? Whatever it is, it's quite good. I don't believe I'll be buying any more of these in the future, even though there was nothing wrong with them. The overall experience didn't match up to the price.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti