perjantai 29. kesäkuuta 2018

AvP Box


Pretty self explanatory, but anyway, I made a storage/display box for my Aliens, Predator and Aliens vs. Predator comic albums.



I salvaged the materials for the box itself from and old furniture we were getting rid of. My dad helped me with this by cutting the pieces and building the box. I painted the whole thing black and then I decorated each side of the box with a picture collage.


topside & backside

I started making the collages by taking hundreds of pictures of pages/panels from the comics (these books are way too thick to fit in a scanner) and then putting it all together using Photoshop. I printed out the collages and laminated them. I used spray glue to attach them to the sides of the box.

The inside of the box is covered with marble patterned contact film (D-C-Fix). I really would have wanted to use black marble pattern, but I couldn't find it in any shop at the time.



I have to mention how HEAVY this thing is. The books by themselves already weigh 8,6 kg and with the added weight of the box, it comes to a total of 11,2 kg all together. That's crazy!

Here below are the collages I made for better viewing as they didn't register well on my photographs above. As always, right click and open the image in a new tab for full size view.
side 1

side 2

Topside 

Backside


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti