torstai 31. toukokuuta 2018

Custom paint: Cthulhu


The inspiration for this came from a friend who recently became interested in the Cthulhu Mythos. I was at a comic book store and decided to take a closer look at the tabletop miniature section. I came across this "Eldritch demon" miniature and it was the closest thing to Cthulhu without actually being called Cthulhu I could find and afford. Seriously, anything with the name Cthulhu ™ ®  ©  was anything between 20-40€ in price range and I wasn't looking for spending that much money on a miniature when I was there to get my comic book fix dagnabbit!



So anyway....
I didn't have a plan for the paint job aside from that I knew I wanted to use green and maybe yellow. For a base coat I painted it black and then I just dry brushed the rest of the colors in. Not very noticeable, but I did use 3 different shades of yellow and green in there. I kept on painting it and painting it, until I realized I couldn't see any difference anymore and that's when I decided it was finished.



I'm surprised I'm happy with the end result! The only thing I really wish I could do over are the eyes. They don't look menacing enough. Not that I know how I'd improve them though! :P  I'll give this one to my friend and hope he likes it.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti