keskiviikko 16. maaliskuuta 2016

Ginga Custom pt.8

The first customs of 2016! Wohoo! And it's a double! This time, my victims are Batto and Hyena!

(Please right click the images and open in a new tab for a larger view.)



I specifically looked for a Labrador retriever figure for painting Batto. Hyena on the other hand was very much so an unplanned custom. I bought a small bag full of toys at a flea market and there was a couple of Dalmatian dogs I didn't really plan on using for anything. While I was waiting for the paint on Batto to dry, I took a closer look at one of the Dalmatians and tried to think of a character it would be suitable for. Hyena for some reason was the only floppy eared dog with a collar I could think of at the moment. So that's how he came to be!


The first coat on Hyena turned out a little bit too greenish and Batto was too blue and the color was not dark enough. I repainted both of them twice, which didn't turn out to be such a good decision regarding Batto. I'm sad to say, that Batto is the first one out of my customs, that I'm not happy about the end result. I used black paint for the markings around Batto's eyes at first, but the black didn't stand out at all and just faded in with the rest of the coat. So I tried a few things to make it work before giving up and deciding to use dark blue instead and even that doesn't look very good. Batto's scars were also a real pain in the butt to paint. Looking at reference pictures now, I realize I didn't give Hyena brown eyes! Another failure!






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti