perjantai 27. marraskuuta 2015

Hoth-Con 2015


Last Sunday I visited the first ever Hoth-Con in Helsinki, which also became the first Star Wars themed convention I've ever attended. It was nice, I guess. I must have had too high expectations, because overall I found it to be a little bit disappointing. The event took place at the Gloria Cultural Arena, which felt more like a skanky bar & nightclub. It was so freaking dark in there I might just as well have walked into a black hole!
Usually, at conventions, there's this buzz of things happening around you, but there, it was more like nothing's happening..... nothing's happening.... I left the place early, because I was on a schedule, so maybe all the cool stuff happened after I left? 8D Based on the event's Facebook page, other people sure seemed to have a good time.  Maybe I am the problem....
I don't know what to say without sounding nitpicky and mean, Hoth-Con was by no means terrible, a lot of love was put into it, but for me it was just lacking "that something special". If there's going to be a convention next year, let's just say there's only room for improvement. :D

Battle of Hoth miniatures

Huge X-wing 4 sale

Life size Darth Vader statue

Probably the best Boba Fett costume I'll ever see live

Awesome custom Boba Fett & Darth Maul busts

Took a sneak shot of  someone's sweet Darth Maul backpack


Never go home empty handed. I've been missing Darth Maul's ship from my collection for a while, and this one wasn't too expensive so I picked it up. Haven't actually built it yet though.... I was going to settle with the ship and go home, but then I had to lay my eyes on the Starkiller figure there on the table...... and here we are. Before going home, I took a small detour through a toy shop and got this very cartoonish Maul figurine, even though I have never actually played Disney Infinity.


For the occasion, I turned my keyring into a necklace

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti