maanantai 31. elokuuta 2020

I Hate Glitter


I finally decided to buy this My Little Pony Princess Luna  toy I've had my eyes on for a while.  I was hoping it would go on sale eventually, but got tired of waiting, so when I had an extra 15 euros on me I went ahead and bought it.


Right from the get go I knew I wanted to get rid of the glitter plaguing this figure. I took the head of the pony and started soaking the glittery part in a bowl of hot water. I let it soak there for a while and then armed with a toothpick, I started to scrape the glitter off. I got all of the sparkly menace off, but there was a lot of glue residue with a pattern left by the glitter. I took a cotton pad and lightly dipped it in acetone and tried very gently to rub off just the glue above the eyes, but acetone is too powerful stuff. Once I saw it was starting to rub off the eyeshadow color as well, I stopped immediately and just left the residue be.


Next I moved on dealing with the horn. I tried the hot water + toothpick method again, but the progress was too slow. I lost my patience, so I used a cotton pad soaked in acetone and aggressively rubbed the glitter off. This worked well, because I didn't have to worry about any paint coming off, unlike with the eyes.


Getting the wings glitter free, I just repeated the same process I did with the horn. Any stubborn glitter particles that didn't come off with the acetone I scraped off using a toothpick. Thank goodness there was only glitter on the outside of the wings! Right at the base of the wings is some residue that wouldn't come off even with acetone or me trying to scrape it off. It's not pretty, but it doesn't bother me as much as the goddamn glitter.

I popped the head back on and the gave the mane and tail a wash. I'm no stylist, but I did try to tame that mane a little, but to no avail, it still looks bad. I'm happy with that curl I got on the tail though!


Before & after




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti