maanantai 18. elokuuta 2014

Ginga custom pt.2

Here is my second attempt ever at custom painting. 
The Doberman Pinscher. I had Bill, Sniper, Lector and Thunder to choose from. Yes, there one more in the series, but in all honesty I completely forgot about the Doberman in Jerome's squad, as you can tell because I can't even remember his name. I quickly narrowed it down to Bill and Sniper and just like in the anime it was the collar that became Snipers fall. And I just happen to like Bill more, he was already likable in the anime, but it was the manga that made me like him even more. So sad he was killed by the wolves. ;(


I believe there comes a time in every fangirls life when they have to figure out how does one's character's butt look like, and I had that moment with Bill here. Hence the left image in the picture above. That was the only image I found of Bill's behind, although granted, I only checked the Shikoku episodes because I wanted to get back to painting as soon as possible.

Lower middle pic, Bill's rear before repainting it.

And the finished result:



Bill and Ron side by side

Maybe it is just me, but I think the figure's head is a little bit to small in proportion to the rest of the body. Anyway, I'm happy how this turned out too. Now I wish I would have gone and bought a smaller brush when I look at those markings, and those round spots above the eyes could maybe have been a little lower. Still using that glossy varnish too, that I was supposed to ditch......
Why not throw in the "nature shots" while I'm at it.









Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti